I went up-up-up-upstate to Geneseo to visit a friend of mine several weeks ago. We had a grand ol' time (details of which should probably not be disclosed here), but one of the highlights of my weekend vacation was driving up to Letchworth State Park, aptly named "the Grand Canyon of the East." To be honest, I wasn't expecting much; I thought I'd be in for the usual park stuff -- a pretty view, some flowers, a bench or two if I were lucky. Sleepy and a little hungover, I was shocked when we finally arrived at what appeared to me like something out of Little House on the Prairie (and I mean that in the best way possible of course). The park was beautiful; these pictures don't even come close to doing justice to the views. The air, as well, was a welcome change from the lovely fumes we call "oxygen" in Manhattan. The words pristine and crisp come to mind.



No comments:
Post a Comment