
tool.
Some summer thoughts/musings:
4. I need me a job!
1. I was about to go out for a run today in this glorious weather when I realized that the pathway outdoors was sort of blocked. By my landscapers - they were all sitting on my stoop, smoking cigarettes. I think they assumed, what with no car in the driveway and complete silence in the house, that there was no one home. Which is perfectly fine by me, as it's something I would do if I smoked. I wonder how often they do this. And if mi madre knows! At any rate, I was temporarily trapped by this obstacle and spent a good five minutes sitting on my stairs, wondering how to circumvent the scenario. Needless to say, all was well; they soon dispersed to go about their duties and I was able to make my quick and subtle escape.
2. Two nights ago, a friend and I spent a good 3 hours looking at our high school yearbook. Don't hate. It's so strange to think about how much things - you - change in the span of a speedy three years. THANK GOD I don't have to go through high school again. Puberty, awkward relationships, flipping AP tests, WAKING UP AT THE BUTTCRACK OF DAWN EVERYDAY? Thaaaaaaanks, but I'll pass. So there's this whole section in the yearbook devoted to - and I don't really know what the proper term to describe them is - space that parents can pay for/allot to a) post truly embarrassing pictures of their kids (there was one advertisement with a baby picture of a kid in a cowboy costume) and b) write REALLY embarrassing dedications to them. Case in point:
"Son, you have become a young man. There are temptations when you're young. For example, you think that life goes on forever and that things will remain the same. They don't. My son, there are times when the truth may fail us and when we may fail the truth. Forgive me for the times that I've failed you, my first born. You're the wind beneath my wings. Without you, there's no me."
Now there's a doozy. I think I'll try and use the word "first born" in everyday conversation from now on. And then in another advertisement, a parent quoted T.I. That was awesome. I've always wondered what the sons and daughters of these parents thought about these very public love letters...
3. Speaking of yearbooks, it's so funny looking back at what people write in your yearbook. Here are some that cracked me up:
"Melissa, you are a fabulous writer. I hope you do something with it. Have a wonderful life."
" Dear Mellisa, even though I don't know you very well, I know that you are going to NYU. Have a nice time in college."
"Your my favorite ever! I LOVE MELISSA YU!!!!!!!"
"It's unfortunate your always busy. Remember that time you said hi to me? That was awesome."
"Thanks for all of your homework help. I owe you an ice cream! Or a Snapple?"
"Stop trying to run people over in the parking lot. I don't really know what to write so I'll draw you a picture [insert flying cow here]."
"Remember in 10th grade English your long hair would always get into my yogurt? Mm."
"I'm breaking your yearbook virginity! OK that was really gay, I kinda wish I hadn't said that."
People are really funny sometimes. Also, your is NOT you're. Biggest pet peeve! asdfasdfj;356dgl
4. I need me a job!
No comments:
Post a Comment