November 23, 2009

Exhilaration

11/23 run

5 miles today! Okay, okay, with a short break in between. But still! I'm slowly becoming more and more addicted to running. There's something so indescribably personal and intimate about it. Only you can control the pace at which you go, the distance you choose to run. It's so difficult, and yet simultaneously so easy, yielding. And I like that. After a certain point, you find your rhythm and the physical pain and mental torment just...melt away. All you need to do is run; nothing else matters at that unique moment in time. I find that I fall into this zone where I don't really see anyone or anything around me. There is just this lull, this quiet noise that surrounds. It's almost as if everything has fallen into place, and there's no need to think about anything anymore. It's just me. I become so profoundly aware of everything and nothing.

1 comment:

ben said...

dude second wind is one of the most interesting phenomenons ever.