April 27, 2010

These Are A Few

Baby plant
Cottage
BB at night

(My baby fern that has yet to be named / Cottage cheese / The view outside my window)

These are a few of my favorite things.

The new addition to my bedroom is one of them. Everything I touch, dies, so it's really a wonder that this itty bitty fern baby has survived an entire month under my terrible and arbitrary parenting. Other than a few frayed edges, it's not only survived, but is fully thriving as well. Here's to hoping, at least.

On an entirely different note, cottage cheese has fast become a breakfast staple of mine. It took the longest time for it to grow on me (we're talking years and years here), but nowadays I can't stop eating it. The concept is a bit odd and, frankly, kind of gross, but it's so damn good! Every time I eat a spoonful, I'm compelled to take three more while simultaneously stifling the urge to throw up a little. I can't really explain it but suffice it to say that it's inexplicably delicious. It's also fun to think of new combinations of toppings to put on it. So far my favorite has got to be dried apricots, toasted almonds, golden raisins and the lightest drizzle of honey on top. Mmm. SO good. Can someone else vouch for me here? Anyone?

I'm also sort of smitten with the view outside my window. Having lived here for almost two years, I thought the initial attraction would slowly start to wear off by now. But surprisingly I'm still as in love with the Brooklyn Bridge as the first day I moved in. I've walked, run, and even driven on it. It's my own personal weather barometer (I like to check the American flag perched on top to see exactly how windy it is outside). And I often find myself absentmindedly watching the steady stream of tourists start their leisurely stroll every morning across its wide pathway. It's become quite a habit, actually, but it never ceases to amuse me.

What are your favorite things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're one of my favorite things. part of a thread that without - i would fall apart to pieces of fabric.