May 16, 2010

Soundtracks

Remember Xanga? I rediscovered mine recently (definitely won't be sharing the link as it is beyond mortifying) and realized that it's been almost a full four years since I last used it. Ridiculous how so many things around and within me have changed, and yet a lot of things still haven't. For funsies, I thought I would revisit a compilation I made as an 18 year-old of what my soundtrack would be like if my life were made into a movie. Let's compare 18 year-old Melissa with almost-22 year-old Melissa, and evaluate.

SOUNDTRACK TO MY MOVIE (circa 2006)
Opening Credits: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Waking Up: Sunrise - Norah Jones
Average Day: Love Song for No One - John Mayer
First Date: Turn Me On - Norah Jones
Falling in Love: Para tu Amor - Juanes
Love Scene: I Wanna Know - Joe
Fight Scene: Hear Me Out - Frou Frou
Breaking Up: Comfortable - John Mayer
Getting Back Together: I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
Secret Love: Does He Love You - Rilo Kiley
Life's Okay: As Long As You Love Me - The Backstreet Boys (NICE)
Mental Breakdown: 99 Problems - Jay-Z
Driving: Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
Learning a Lesson: Goodbye to You - Michelle Branch
Deep Thought: Love and Some Verses - Iron & Wine
Flashback: Closer to Me - Dar Williams
Partying: Volare - Gypsy Kings
Happy Dance: The Only Difference - Panic! at the Disco
Regretting: Yesterday - The Beatles
Long Night: Split-Screen Sadness - John Mayer
Death Scene: Don't Miss You At All - Norah Jones
Closing Credits: She Is Beautiful - Andrew W.K. (An excellent choice, 18 year-old Melissa)

SOUNDTRACK TO MY MOVIE (now!)
Opening Credits: Ghostwriter - RJD2
Waking Up: Be (Intro) - Common
Average Day: Ceremony - New Order
First Date: Dust - Van Hunt
Falling in Love: Day Too Soon - Sia
Love Scene: Bandwitch - Broken Social Scene
Fight Scene: Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (Acoustic) - John Mayer
Breaking Up: Covered in Rain - John Mayer
Getting Back Together: I'd Do It All Again - Corinne Bailey Rae
Secret Love: Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine
Life's Okay: If I Ever Feel Better - Phoenix
Mental Breakdown: Soundtrack 2 My Life - Kid Cudi
Driving: This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads
Learning a Lesson: Lonely Tonight - Matt Wertz
Deep Thought: 4 AM - Kaskade
Flashback: I Think Ur A Contra - Vampire Weekend
Partying: Carry Out - Timbaland
Happy Dance: Can I Kick It? - A Tribe Called Quest
Regretting: How to Say Goodbye - Paul Tiernan
Long Night: Fine Young Cannibals - Wolf Parade
Death Scene: Out Loud - Dispatch
Closing Credits: She's Mine - Brett Dennen

Thoughts?

No comments: