October 22, 2010

Jewels

My jewelry

Some of the jewels that have been on heavy rotation in my arsenal this year. Like a lot of folks, I go through different jewelry phases that serve as good indicators of where my head's at during any given time. Right now I'm kind of feeling this minimalist gold + black thing. Plus a lot of black in the rest of my wardrobe, which is nothing new. I've been working 10-hour days for the last few weeks and just too exhausted to get fussy about jewelry, to be honest. The last thing I want is to have to take off all my little rings just in order to dial the phone. On the flipside, I'm going to be wearing my professional suit to work a lot more often now (and this is a change because it's been business casual all along). I've got this amazingly well-fitted black suit from BCBG that a salesperson helped handpick for me back when I was job-searching. It makes me feel so powerful and feminine and strong whenever I wear it. Isn't it amazing how a piece of jewelry or an article of clothing can make all the difference?

No comments: