I'm pretty sure that if someone could figure out how to produce one of these kids, I'd be the first to put my name on the waiting list! Rather obnoxious, but who wouldn't want to be riding around town on top of their own name? It definitely takes the legwork out of introducing yourself to strangers, when you can just zoom into neighborhoods with your name emblazoned between wheels.
I had an excellent low-key Thanksgiving yesterday. We, and there were only six of us (plus one more via Skype, by way of Stockholm), started off noshing on a slew of cheeses, toasted nuts and olives I had picked up earlier at Whole Foods. We kept the rest of the affair simple with a light stuffing, brussel sprouts and pancetta, roasted fennel and sweet potatoes, and a cumin-seasoned turkey. Yum. Lots of wine, Pellegrino, and Martinelli's apple cider too. Over the years, our Thanksgiving gatherings have gradually gotten smaller and smaller. I guess it's inevitable, as family members move on (figuratively and quite literally this year) to start their own families. But I'm looking forward to the future Thanksgivings when I get to warmly welcome my family and their new families (hopefully!), and maybe even new friends into my own home. And hopefully I'll have one of these sweet bicycles propped up outside of my apartment door when I do.



No comments:
Post a Comment