Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These were absolutely fantastic, warm and chewy in the center, and much easier than I initially anticipated. It's strange to think that my month of baking and frolicking and tippling and yoga-ing is almost at an end. Truth be told, I haven't once looked at my resume, or at a job posting database for that matter. Even when I'm sitting alone on my sofa, reading a book in silence, or when I'm standing in the kitchen, waiting for cookies to cool. The thought of doing so is always at the back of my mind, like a little blue post-it with my own handwriting scrawled on it, but I haven't been prepared to address the task just yet.
A friend of mine recently likened unemployment to the "Five Stages of Grief," which made me laugh at first, but now I can definitely see the parallels between the two. This month has been a slow process of coming to terms with the situation: what happened (how and why), how I've dealt with it, what my next course of action is, etc. I believe a lot of people tend to fall into illogical patterns of thinking, assuming that it was their fault, their failure. I never once saw it as a moral failing on my part. The situation simply was what it was, and it was time to move on. For me, the scariest aspect of this entire process has been the part where I ask myself what the next step in my professional game plan is. That part is coming up now, but I thought I owed it to myself to have a little fun before I returned to being an adult again.
Anyways, I think I'll finally take a look at my resume tomorrow and make some adjustments to reflect what I've been up to in the last eleven months. But that can wait until tomorrow. First I need to play a few rounds of bingo and get myself piss-drunk tonight!
Anyways, I think I'll finally take a look at my resume tomorrow and make some adjustments to reflect what I've been up to in the last eleven months. But that can wait until tomorrow. First I need to play a few rounds of bingo and get myself piss-drunk tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment