Museum of Natural History | The Butterfly Conservatory | Fancy black watches | Playing with PhotoBooth | Park Here | Always delicious coffee grinds from Porto Rico Importing Co. | My insane obsession with nail polish | Chinese New Year dinners | Playing with Momma
This is going to be the most awesomest blog post ever, and I will tell you why. I'm currently unemployed! In the words of Notorious B.I.G., "if you don't know, now you know [nigga]." It's great. I am supremely happy. It's like suddenly the world is my oyster! The city is at my very fingertips! Okay, cliches aside, I really am quite thrilled and relieved, but it's not necessary to go into greater detail why and to what extent. What I am about to tell you, though, is that I have unofficially declared the month of February to be "Funemployment February."
Most people that know me, know that I've always had a job at any given point in my life. In fact I've been hustlin' since the ripe young age of 14, working my way through high school and eventually college. I've always tried to be as financially independent as I could, paying for all of my textbooks/academic-y things in college and living expenses for the last several years. This is the first time in a long time that, without a job, I don't have anything to do or anywhere to be. So at the encouragement of friends and family, I'm going to embark upon a month-long adventure of relaxation and pure, unadulterated frolicking. Because I can. Because I deserve it. And mostly because I just plain want to.
Hence, Funemployment February. What this essentially means is I'll be making a conscious effort to do some really, really, really fun things every single day of this month. "Fun things" being people, places and activities I've never gotten a chance to explore in and around Manhattan. Carpe diem, if you will, but within the limits of reason and budget of course. This is not to say that Funemployment February is all about hedonism, though, as there will obviously be days spent focused on not-so-funemployment things too (i.e running errands, paying bills, job hunting, etc.). The overall goal of this adventure is to make the most out of this month of complete freedom while keeping myself focused on next steps as well. I guess you could say that I'm always looking for my next opportunity. At the end of the day I'm a hustler, baby.
So stay tuned as I blog regularly about the good times ahead. I already had quite the fun last week, but that was only the beginning. Wait until you see the list of things I have planned. I'm also opening up the forum to suggestions from the public as well. Thanks, and enjoy Funemployment Feb! I know I will.




No comments:
Post a Comment