____________________________ I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am. - Sylvia Plath
March 14, 2011
What You Know
I can't embed the actual music video, but here's the live version. Such a great song. I can tell just what you want...
It's not that I'm forgetting to blog, but right now, I'm actively choosing not to. The opportunity for a month of self-reflection, a month to tune out the noise and listen to my doubtful heart, has given me more clarity than I could have ever imagined. And I'd be greatly diminishing the value of this newfound clearheadedness if I tried to spell it out in writing. It's not something to be shared, but to be held tightly, like a hand of cards. All I can say is that I'm grateful for everything that's happened, including the events that led up to this month of "me." Just me. Me and my stubborn, arrogant, childish heart. This month was exactly what I needed, and, before things could have spiraled downwards even further, could not have come at a better time. If there are a few pearls of wisdom that I can humbly share, it's these: 1) Don't be afraid of being alone, 2) Read The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, and 3) Be honest with yourself. It's the hardest yet most rewarding thing you can possibly do.
No comments:
Post a Comment