March 30, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere

As a newly laid-off individual, I've recently discovered that I now have a WHOLE lot more time on my hands. Too much, in fact. What do you do with yourself when you're suddenly and most unexpectedly given 13 hours back in the week? That's the issue I've been wrestling with recently. I spent the better part of these past few weeks doing absolutely...nothing. Not going to lie, it was pretty freaking sweet initially. Instead of having to dash from work to class almost daily, I now spend my mornings sauntering around the apartment in the nude and watching tacky daytime TV sprawled across the couch. It's great. And instead of dashing home from class to get some reading and homework done before yet another day at work, I get to spend my afternoons wandering through thrift stores and little coffee shops in the East Village. And with the weather warming up, this is basically a huge upgrade in how I spend my down-time. You would think this would all please me immensely, but with funds slowly but ever so surely dwindling, a girl's gotta wonder: what am I supposed to do now? To be succinct: I DON'T got money in the bank. And now that the seasons are changing, the clothes are too. Rompers, shirts, and sun dresses - oh my! Water, water everywhere...and not a drop to drink.

No comments: